Thursday, November 5, 2009

FsckVPS short review

As I wrote in an earlier post after a hacker attack my VPS provider, FsckVPS had been aquired by BlueSquare, and I got a new VPS of them.

After a few months usage here is my short review.

Well, I am very satisfied with the "new" FsckVPS and their services.
They gave me 2 free months services because of my old/attacked VPS's downtime and data loss.
After some initial problems my VPS works perfectly with minimal downtime, and it never crashed till now.
Price is unchanged, starts from just $9.95/month!!! This is a very important factor for me, because I want a cheap VPS.
Support is fast and professional.
The old HyperVM panel has been removed (yeah, wow, more chance to security!!!), so I can manage my VPS trough SSH only (putty, command line). But I am familiar with Linux (Debian), so this is not a problem for me. And just now FsckVPS starts to provide SolusVM panel, so if I will need a control panel ever, I can get it.

And also they start to provide KVM. KVM is a full hardware level VPS environment allowing both Windows + Linux to run at close to native speeds. It allows to do the basic restart/reload of  VPS, load kernel modules and add swap space.
So if I want more control and speed on my VPS, I can move to KVM, but presently I stay with OpenVZ.

Conclusion: great service, low price, 5/5 stars.

If you want to find a cheap, but reliable unmanaged VPS provider I strongly suggest you FsckVPS/Vaserv.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
404 © 2009